The former Tiffany Cannady, known for her eye for fashion, has shown what it means to be a “brickhouse” well before her wedding day. She is a loyal friend, strong mother and now a loving wife with the name to match … Mrs. BRICKHOUSE!
Tiffany had a fair sized wedding party consisting of nine bridesmaids so it goes without mentioning we had an early morning start. I arrived at the hotel destination the morning of the wedding and began setting up right away. Once my supplies were set-up I was ready to call in the first bridesmaid and begin the hair.
Throughout the day I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Tiwa Lawrence, a professional make-up artist based in the Raleigh-Durham, NC area. After meeting Tiwa and her bubbly personality I knew I had just made a new friend. Tiwa did make-up application for both the bridesmaids and bride. As time continued to tick away the wedding planner (truly a bridal day must have), April Pyatt of Socialite Events, did a great job keeping everyone on time and in place.
During the consultation with Tiffany prior to the wedding day, she expressed her vision for hair extensions to be added to all the girls and the hair styled with long loose spiral curls swept to one side. She also liked the idea of a hair twisting effect to sweep the hair instead of the hair being brushed completely smooth and flat. After listening to her requests, I was able to create a trendy style that was soft, formal and wedding appropriate!
After completing the bridesmaids hair and touch-ups to the brides hair for both the ceremony and photos, I was ready to enjoy the rest of the evening. Tiffany’s southern belle wedding was so much fun with many eye catching details. While the wedding planner made certain every detail was in place, the photographer, The Captured Life, ensured every detail was indeed captured for future keepsake. Being there to share both Tiffany and Joe’s special day I truly witnessed the saying “Love is in the air” come to life.
I am so excited about having had the opportunity to be a hair stylist for Tiffany’s wedding because not only did I think every aspect of the wedding was amazing but so did ESSENCE®. Tiffany and Joe’s wedding was featured in ESSENCE® Bridal Bliss. Take a look for yourself!
Thank you Tiffany for trusting me to bring your bridal day hair vision to life! Love you!
To achieve the bridesmaids style here are a few helpful tips to get you started.
- For added length install 100% human hair extensions for most natural look. Installation method (cold fusion, sew-in, clips, etc.) does not matter the goal is to have the hair look as natural as possible.
- Separate the hair in three large sections using a slightly diagonal part.
- The first part should start about an inch and a half above the temple and go down and across to the top of the other ear.
- The second part should start right above the ear and go down and across to the bottom of the other ear.
- Isolate the middle portion of hair by pinning away the two outer sections. At the start of the section, take two pieces of hair and twist them once. Pick up a small amount of the free hair and add to the two twisted strands. Continue this twisting process along the entire middle section. Once you have finished twisting, pin the hair securely using hair pins so your work does not unravel.
- In the two outer sections that were pinned away in step 3, apply a small amount of styling serum to reduce frizz and add shine prior to curling. Take small portions of hair and add spiral curls using a hot marcel iron. Be sure to let your curls cool before manipulating them so they will last longer.
- After the hair has been properly curled and cooled, take the hair in the lower section and smooth the base over to the secured end of the twist from step 3. Be gentle when smoothing the base of the lower sections so you won’t remove all your curls.
- In the final section at the front of the head take the hair and loosely gather the pieces over to the secured end of the twist from step 3. Style the fringe area as desired with hair cascading across the forehead or hair away from the face.
- Use a light pomade/gel to smooth down curled edges. To seal the look and keep the styled extensions in place use a firm hold hair spray.
Thank you for taking the time to visit mane.ediTS and I hope you enjoyed the post!